Mr. Hales’ practice over the last thirty years has concentrated on client matters involving general business and corporate law, transactions, administrative law, legislative matters, real estate, secured transactions, contracts, employment, and technology agreements. Mr. Hales has represented approximately thirty professional licensing boards and various state, county, municipal governmental entities. His transactional practice has included the purchase and sale of real property, business assets and stock. He has personally lobbied more than one hundred law changes before the Idaho Legislature, including testifying before relevant Senate and House committees.
- Clerked for District Court Judge D. Duff McKee of the Idaho Fourth Judicial District.
- Served as an Ada County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney in its Civil Division.
- Served as hearing officer for actions before the Idaho State Board of Medicine and Idaho Department of Finance.
- Former registered lobbyist in Idaho.
- Former commercial counsel for a NASDAQ 100 high tech company.
- Served on national model legislation committee with the National Association of State Contractors Licensing Agencies (NASCLA).
Education: Juris Doctorate, University of Idaho College of Law, 1987; Bachelor of Science in Political Science, University of Idaho, 1984.
Bar Admissions: Idaho 1987; U.S. District Court (Idaho) 1987.